A Guaranteed renewable graded plan with a wide selection of Benefit periods for applicants with sub-standard medical conditions.
Place your difficult to insure Disability Insurance cases on the Platinum eZ-Select Plan! This plan has 1/2/3/5 year Benefit Period options and a selection of elimination periods. Choose a Benefit Amount between $500 and $15,000 per month with no blood work or medical exams.
- Guaranteed Renewable
- Benefit Amount up to $15,000 Monthly
- No grading for disabilities due to injuries
- Selection of Benefit Periods: 1, 2, 3, or 5-Years
- Selection of Elimination periods from 30 to 730 days
- Own Occupation definition of Total Disability for full Benefit Period
- Level Premiums at Issue Age to age 65
- Presumptive disability
- Between the ages of 18 and 60
- Earned income in excess of $30,000
- No occupation class distinction – Broad eligibility with most occupations accepted
Core eZ-DI Benefits
- Easy to process application
- Simple competitive Base Rates
- No medical exams / no blood work for amounts up to $13,000
- Pre-existing conditions may be covered immediately if disclosed and accepted and not waivered
- No Complicated Social Insurance Riders
Included in the Platinum Plan at no additional cost
- Partial Disability Benefits
- Waiver of premium in case of disability
- Survivor benefits
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Benefits
- Hospital Indemnity Benefits
Available in most states – Not available in: AK, CO, FL*, ME, MO, NH, NM, VT. Please contact your Broker/Agent Support Team for alternate plans in NY and FL.
- Applicants between the ages of 18 and 60
Occupation and Income
- No occupational class distinction
- Earned annual income of $30,000 or more
- Actively working a minimum of 30 hours per week at their regular occupations for the past year
- Majority of occupations accepted – see “Target Customers” tab for exceptions
- Pre-existing conditions may be covered immediately when listed on the application, approved by the company and coverage is issued!
Benefits paid in case of disability
- Benefit Amount: $500 to $13,000 per month – up to 60% of gross monthly earned income
- Benefit Periods: 1, 2, 3 or 5 years
- Elimination Periods: 30 days (for 1 and 2 yr BP); 60 days (for 1, 2 and 3 yr BP); 90 days (for 1, 2, 3 and 5 yr BP); 120 days (for 2, 3 and 5 yr BP); 180 days (for 2, 3 and 5 yr BP); 365 and 730 days (for 2, 3 and 5 yr BP); Longer Elimination Periods reduce Premium Levels
- Graded Benefits based on when disability occurs:
- 40% of stated Monthly Benefit if disability occurs during first year of coverage
- 75% of stated Monthly Benefit if disability occurs during the second year of coverage
- 100% of stated Monthly Benefit if disability occurs after second year of coverage
Other Benefits included in the plan
- Premiums are waived during disability (After elimination period and prior to age 65)
- Own occupation definition of Total Disability for the full Benefit Period!
- Guaranteed Renewable (to age 65; Conditionally renewable to age 70)
- Level premium at Issue Age (to age 65)
- Benefits paid in case of accident or sickness
- No occupational class distinction for premium calculations
- Partial Disability Benefits:
- Provides up to 50% of selected monthly benefit for partial disability up to six months upon completion of the elimination period or immediately following a period of total disability. Does not include benefits for mental and nervous.
- Survivor Benefits:
- Two times the amount of the last monthly benefit paid to the insured is provided to the surviving spouse. The insured must have been disabled for 180 days and receiving benefits.
- Hospital Indemnity Benefits:
- $30 per day for up to 90 days after the elimination period if the insured was hospital confined for the entire elimination period.
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Benefits:
- Up to $5,000 benefit paid should death or dismemberment occur within 90 days of covered accidental injury.
There are no Optional riders available on platinum eZ-Select
General applicant profile: Applicants are to be actively working for a minimum of 30 hours. What we are looking for is the hard-working, diligent person who may be uninsurable, but who is able to work full time without losing time from his/her profession or job and is not chronically ill. Do not solicit applications from any applicant who is currently disabled, unemployed due to health reasons, hospitalized, or whom you have reason to believe is suffering from chronic or terminal illness.
- Working Professionals
- Individuals in Small Businesses with medical conditions
- Benefit period reduces by 50% at age 65 and terminates at age 70
- Guaranteed Renewable to age 65 – Conditional Renewable to age 70
Benefits will not be paid for Injury, Sickness, or Nervous or Mental Disorder:
- the Insured intentionally inflicts on himself or herself while sane or insane (in Colorado or Missouri, while sane);
- caused by riot, insurrection, war, declared or undeclared, or acts of war;
- caused by normal pregnancy, including childbirth or elective abortion, except when loss results from Complications of Pregnancy, as defined in the Policy
- caused by the Insured engaging in any act or occupation which is a violation of the law of the jurisprudence where the loss or cause of loss occurred. A violation of law includes both misdemeanor and felony violations.
- caused by poison, gas, or fumes voluntary taken, absorbed or inhaled, except for the involuntary or unintentional ingestion of poison or inhalation of poisonous gasses or fumes;
- caused by an accident that occurs while an insured has been determined to be intoxicated (a) by judicial or administrative judgment or order; (b) by evidence of an alcohol concentration in the insured’s blood, breath or urine which equals or exceeds the limits set by applicable motor vehicle laws; or (c) by other evidence demonstrating the insured was under the influence of any alcohol, narcotic, barbiturate or hallucinatory drug unless the same was administered on the advice of a physician and was taken according to the prescribed dosage; and the use of such substance was the proximate cause of the Accidental Bodily Injury
- Benefits will not be paid for Injury, Sickness, or Nervous or Mental Disorder while the insured is in the military, navel or air force of any country or international organization. Any unearned premium paid by the insured for a period not covered because of this Exclusion will be returned on a pro-rata basis if he or she notifies Us. If the insured is released from active duty within 5 years from the date he or she entered active military service, he or she may restore their coverage under the Policy by making written application and paying the required premium within 90 days of his or her release from active duty. No proof of insurability is needed. Premiums will be based on the Insured’s attained age as of the date of the new Application. The restored policy will cover only Injuries that occur after the restoration date and Sickness which makes itself known more than 10 days after the restoration date.
- If the Insured receives or is eligible to receive loss of time benefits under any Workers’ Compensation Law, Occupational Disease Law, or similar legislation the benefit will be reduced by 100% of the loss of time benefit amount the Insured receives or is eligible to receive under such legislation on the date benefits become payable under the Policy. If the Insured receives a lump sum payment for loss of time under any Workers’ Compensation Law, Occupational Disease Law, or similar legislation, it will be prorated on a monthly basis to the end of the Maximum Benefit Period.
- If a condition is listed on the Application and is accepted by Us without an exclusion rider, then this condition will be covered and is not subject to the Pre-existing Condition Limitation.
- Pre-Existing Condition means a Sickness, Injury, Nervous or Mental Disorder, or physical condition for which an Insured has consulted a Physician or received any medical advice, treatment, medical supplies, prescription medication, or services within the 12 months immediately before the Effective Date of insurance, or for which symptoms of a condition have occurred that would have led a prudent person to seek diagnosis, care or treatment during the 12 months immediately before the Effective Date of insurance. We will not pay for a Total Disability caused by or due to a Pre-existing Condition until after the Insured has been covered under the Policy Certificate for 24 months.
Nervous or mental disorder benefit:
- Nervous or mental disorder benefit is one-half the maximum monthly benefit to a maximum benefit period of six months.
Other Disability Income coverage:
- If the insured has other disability income coverage in effect at the time of total disability, the benefit will be reduced so the total benefit does not exceed 100% of the insured’s gross monthly income.
Termination of coverage:
- The insured’s coverage terminates on the earliest of: the premium due date when required premium is not paid, the premium date after the insured retires or ceases to actively perform the material and substantial duties of regular occupation, the premium due date following attainment of age 70, or the next premium due date upon request for cancellation.
AD&D Benefit Exclusions:
- Bodily infirmity or disease in any form, or medical or surgical treatment therefore
- Bacterial infection, except infections which result from an accidental in jury or bacterial infection which results from an accidental, involuntary or unintentional ingestion of an infectious organism;
- Travel or flight in any kind of aircraft, except on a regularly scheduled commercial flight as a fare-paying passenger, including falling or otherwise descending from or with such aircraft in flight, or while the Insured is participating in aviation training in any kind of aircraft, or is a pilot, officer or other member of the crew of such aircraft
- Suicide, or any attempt thereat, while sane or insane (in Colorado and Missouri, while sane)
Hospital Indemnity Benefit Exclusion:
- In addition to the Limitations and Exclusions listed in this Policy, the Hospital Indemnity Benefit excludes; confinement, treatment or care performed outside the U.S., not recommended or prescribed by a physician, or is not medically necessary.