A non-graded 2 year benefit plan for applicants with substandard occupations.
Place your difficult to insure Disability Insurance cases on the low cost Blue Plan! This plan has a two-year Benefit Period and a minimum 30-day elimination period. Reduced rates are available with 60-day elimination periods. Choose a Benefit Amount between $500 and $6,000 per month (depending on occupational class) with no blood work or medical exams.
- Benefit Amount from $3,000 to $6,000 Monthly – depending on occupational classes
- 2-Year maximum Benefit Period
- Non-Graded plan
- Between the ages of 18 and 63
- Earned income in excess of $20,000
- Broad eligibility – consult Occupation classification list
- No Tobacco / Gender based rates
Core eZ-DI Benefits
- Easy to process
- Simple competitive Base Rates
- No medical exams / no blood work
- Pre-existing conditions may be covered immediately if disclosed and accepted and not waivered
- No Complicated Social Insurance Riders
Included in the Blue Plan at no Additional Cost
- Waiver of premium in case of disability – prior to age 65
Available in most states – Not available in: AL, AK, CO, CT, FL, ID, KS, ME, MI, MT, NH, NM, NY, NC, OK, PA, SD, VT
Please contact your Broker/Agent Support Team for alternate plans in NY and FL. Please go to the download section for Policy numbers and form numbers.
- Applicants between the ages of 18 and 63
Occupation and Income
- Earned annual income of $20,000 or more
- Actively working a minimum of 30 hours per week at their regular occupations for the past year
- See Occupational list for classification (B/A/AA/AAA)
- Pre-existing conditions may be covered immediately when listed on the application, approved by the company and coverage is issued!
Benefits paid in case of disability
- Benefit Amount: $500 to $6,000 per month
- Occupation Class AAA: $6000 maximum Benefit Amount – up to 60% of gross monthly earned income
- Occupation Class AA: $5000 maximum Benefit Amount – up to 60% of gross monthly earned income
- Occupation Class A: $4000 maximum Benefit Amount – up to 50% of gross monthly earned income
- Occupation Class B: $3000 maximum Benefit Amount – up to 50% of gross monthly earned income
- Benefit Period: maximum of two years
- 30-day Elimination Period
- Optional 60 Elimination Period – Longer Elimination Periods reduce Premium Levels
- Non-Graded Benefits
Other Benefits included in the plan
- Premiums are waived during disability (After elimination period and prior to age 65)
The Blue Plan has no optional riders
General applicant profile: Applicants are to be actively working for a minimum of 30 hours. What we are looking for is the hard-working, diligent person who may be uninsurable, but who is able to work full-time without losing time from his/her profession or job and is not chronically ill. Do not solicit applications from any applicant who is currently disabled, unemployed due to health reasons, hospitalized, or whom you have reason to believe is suffering from chronic or terminal illness.
- Workers in high risk blue collar occupations
- Workers in unusual occupations
- White/grey collar occupations with mild to moderate medical conditions
- Individuals in Small Businesses with medical conditions
- Benefit period reduces by 50% at age 65 and terminates at age 70
- Conditional Renewable
Benefits are not paid for any injury, sickness, or nervous or mental disorder caused:
- By war, declared or undeclared.
- By normal pregnancy, including childbirth or elective abortion.
- By intentional infliction while sane or insane (in Colorado or Missouri, while sane).
- By an illegal act, or resisting or fleeing arrest.
- By voluntary taking of poison or inhaling of gas.
- From any accident where blood alcohol content exceeds legal state limit.
- While under the influence of any narcotic, barbiturate or hallucinatory drug, unless under advice of a physician.
- While in the military, naval or air force of any country.
- Benefits are not paid for any injury, sickness, or nervous or mental disorder which is payable under Worker’s Compensation, Occupational law or similar legislation.
- A condition listed on the application and not excluded by a rider is covered.
- A pre existing condition means a sickness or injury for which the insured has consulted a physician or received any medical advice, treatment, medical supplies, prescription medication or services within 12 months immediately before the effective date of insurance, or for which symptoms of a condition have occurred that would have led a prudent person to seek diagnosis, care or treatment during the 12 months immediately before the effective date of insurance, or until the insured has been covered for 24 months.
Nervous or mental disorder benefit:
- Nervous or mental disorder benefit is one-half the maximum monthly benefit to a maximum benefit period of six months.
Other Disability Income coverage:
- If the insured has other disability income coverage in effect at the time of total disability, the benefit will be reduced so the total benefit does not exceed 100% of the insured’s gross monthly income.
Termination of coverage:
- The insured’s coverage terminates on the earliest of: the premium due date when required premium is not paid, the premium date after the insured retires or ceases to actively perform the material and substantial duties of regular occupation, the premium due date following attainment of age 70, the next premium due date upon request for cancellation, or the premium due date after the insured has a change in employment to an ineligible occupation.